Wednesday, October 6, 2010

The Weekly List

Chronicle online
OK, so I've been reading other blogs with similar content and google searching for days. I wanted to know what people thought college students are reading, and I was disappointed. The lists were odd.  Several of the lists, though they said they were geared towards college students, seemed very high school in content.

However, I came across The Chronicle of Higher Education's list, http://chronicle.com/article/What-Theyre-Reading-on/63471/, and it seemed to be the best. And when I say best, I mean that their list, in my mind, best represents several genres that college students are interested in.

These ten books are best-sellers on college campuses this fall. I have not personally read them, but I have read synopses of some. I'm not too interested in these genres at the moment ( I go back and forth between genres like the pendulum of a clock). Since I was so disappointed with my search, I've decided to consult a librarian at Point Park and ask her for a list of 100 books. I hoping she'll be able to give me some resources or tell me how popular the list is with students. From there I am going to make my future choices. Although I was a bit disappointed these hopefully may appeal to you. What do you think of this list ? Do you think this is what college students are interested in ? 

    The Lost Symbol
    by Dan Brown

    Superfreakonomics
   by Steven D. Levitt, Stephen J. Dubner 

    Eclipse
    by Stephenie Meyer

    The Time Traveler's Wife
    by Audrey Niffenegger

    Precious (Push Movie Tie-in Edition)
    by Sapphire

   What the Dog Saw: And Other Adventures
    by Malcolm Gladwell

   Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
   by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith

   Freakonomics: A Rogue Economist Explores the Hidden Side of Everything
   by Steven D. Levitt and Stephen J. Dubner 

   Push
   by Sapphire

   The Gathering Storm
   by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson























































No comments:

Post a Comment