Monday, October 4, 2010

Good Read Suggestion !

So, I am evetually going to get to the lists, I promise. In the meantime, I have to suggest a book ! I've looked over everyone votes on the poll, and I thank those that have helped me out, and I noticed that there were seven genres that were of interest. Those seven where crime, history, poetry, memoirs, romantic, drama and comedy.

Currently, I am reading  a book that fits into about five of the above mentioned genres. The book, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson, is a great read. I gave up on Charlie Wilson's War for now, but I'll get to that at another time.

There is mystery, love, murder, revenge, history, I mean the list just keeps going and going. I really have trouble putting it down, and I keep ignoring my work to read it ( which may or may not be turning into a problem). This is actualy kind of suprising to me given the first three chapters of the book.

Before I picked this up, I heard several complaints about how hard or uninteresting it was to read. Those people put the book down and never picked it back up. But I say, give it a chance. Yes the first three chapters are a little boring. And yes, at first you have no idea what is going on, but once you get away from those chapters everything comes together for a perfect story.

As I gaze at its cover, longing to pick it back up again, I desperately want to divulge to you every piece of info that I can. But I wont because I want you to read this. And no, the story plots are not just appealing to women. It is a great read for everyone. As The Washington Post's review says, and it couldn't be more true,"wildly suspenseful....an intelligent, ingeniously plotted, utterly engrossing thriller."

Oh and a quick p.s. - it was made into a movie and will eventually be released in the U.S. !

No comments:

Post a Comment