Friday, October 29, 2010

Trick-or-Treat, Smell my Feet, Give me Something Good to READ !

You all must hate me by now, but I can't resist. I love Halloween and everything and anything connected to it. I wanted to feature books or stories about Halloween candy and how it became a popular tradition, but I can't find anything GOOD !

I am very disappointed to say the least. I thought I hit the jackpot when I located a book called, "Candy Man," but sadly it had very little to do with candy. Side note here, if any of you know of such a book can you let me know ? Its turning into a must-find for my sanity and curiosity.

Nonetheless, as I was perusing the web and my usual sites, I stumbled upon two lists of Halloween reads. These books are nothing like the ones I posted on Monday. Some of these are creepy, very creepy.

Barnes & Nobles held a Halloween book discussion, http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/Paranormal-Urban-Fantasy/Halloween-Reads/m-p/394502, and I suggest checking it out. Were not talking Twilight or Dracula here. These books are scary.

And of course, good old Goodreads came through with numerous lists of books. There is fiction, non-fiction, children, adults, you name it they have it ( except for a book about candy !!!) . Here is the adult list, http://www.goodreads.com/search/search?q=halloween+books+for+adults&group_id=&search_type=books&search[source]=goodreads&search[field]=on, but once you are on the site, just search for what genre you are looking for. Good luck and have a fantastic Halloween !!

No comments:

Post a Comment