Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Golden Oldies Got Me Thinking...What Were my Favorite Books in the 90s?

So I have really been thinking a lot about the books I read during my childhood. Then I started thinking about the books I read in the 8th grade onwards. Its funny how quickly time moves and how things that were so important or "in" are now a thing of the past. While that can be said for a lot of things in my childhood/teen years, it seems not to be the case with books.

Goodreads has a list of teen books from the 90s, and I have to say it it spot on if you where a teenage girl, http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/2658.Teen_Novels_of_the_90s. The funny thing is, that the majority of the books listed are still read and enjoyed today. Here's what Goodreads is calling their top 10...

1.  "Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban," by J.K. Rowling
2.  "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," by J.K. Rowling
3.  "Speak,"by Laurie Halse Anderson
4.  "The Giver," by Lois Lowry
5.  "Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets," by J.K. Rowling
6.  "Wild Magic," by Tamora Pierce
7.  "Keeping the Moon,"by Sarah Dessen
8. "Saving Jessica," by Lurlene McDaniel
9.  "Love among the Walnuts," by Jean Ferris
10. "Wolf-Speaker," by Tamora Pierce


While I haven't read all of the book here ( I was all over  "The Giver" and the Harry Potter series), the complete list, in my opinions, best represents what we females were reading all those years ago. It make me want to revisit some of them, and either give them another try or still see if they are as enjoyable as they were then. Guys, I think you fit on here in some instances. But, and because I was never a teenage boy, can judge. What were you reading in the 90s?

No comments:

Post a Comment