Monday, October 11, 2010

My Protection Doesn't Fit !!!!

After waiting for eight days, my rear cover finally came in the mail. As I tore through the box, the last thing on my mind was worrying about some form of assembly for this thing. Yet when I took it out of the packaging, I realized that the rear cover was not what I expected.

I think I am going to give this one a try...
My first thought was 'don't panic read the directions,' but they proved to be little help.  In the four lines that are suppose to pass off as directions, they describe a cracking sound as you pull of the original cover. Once you've supposedly pried off the back cover, you place this new one on. Well needless to say I'm terrified to pry off the original cover. I'm known for breaking things, and I really don't want to break my nook.

 Not wanting to cause World War III either,  I  had to hide the cover from the boyfriend ( my luck he'd break the thing and we'd strangle each other.) So I guess I am going to send it back. Anyone else happen to purchase this product and actually get it to fit on the nook?

I've read customer views, and everyone just raves about it, http://gifts.barnesandnoble.com/Signature-Rear-Cover-in-Grapefruit/e/9781615544707/?cds2Pid=30687. They also say it is easy to change, but I don't think so. Plus, I think there is too great a risk for damaging your device with this product, because if you hold it the wrong way you can crack the screen. 

I only have 14 days to figure this out, but I think my best bet is to send it back and buy the case that encloses the entire nook. I'm not too happy about it, but I'd rather my nook have some form of protection then none at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment