Monday, October 25, 2010

Halloween ! A list of spooky reads !

Halloween is on Sunday ! It is one of my favorite holidays. Decorating, eating treats, and watching the little kids get all dressed up, it makes me miss my childhood. I even remember reading my favorite Halloween themed books as a kid. Which got me thinking, what spooky or history-rich books are available for the young at heart ?

As I searched, I stumbled upon numerous web sites. Since I love Halloween as much as I do, I think I might dedicate the week to spooky books !

Here's what the associated content from Yahoo picked for their top ten, http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/2157879/top_10_halloween_books_for_adults.html?cat=38.

1. "Dracula," by Bram Stoker
Simon & Schuster, 2003 (Originally published 1897)
I couldn't resist !

2. "The Shining, " by Stephen King
Pocket, 2002 (Originally published 1977)

 3. "Frankenstein," by Mary Shelley
Penguin Classics, 2003 (Originally published 1818)

4. "The Exorcist," by William Peter Blatty
HarperTorch, 1994. (Originally published 1971) 

5. "A Stir of Echoes," by Richard Matheson
Tor Books, 2008. (Originally published 1958

6. "The Best of Poe: Tell-Tale Heart, The Raven, The Cask of Amontillado and 30 Others," by
Edgar Allan Poe
Prestwick House, Inc., 2006

7. "The Graveyard Book," by Neil Gaiman
HarperCollins, 2008

8. "Interview with the Vampire," by Anne Rice
Ballantine Books, 1997. (Originally published 1976)

9. "Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West," by Gregory Maguire
Harper, 2007. 

10. "Halloween: From Pagan Ritual to Party Night," by Nicholas Rogers
Oxford University Press, 2002. 

The link also provides some pretty detailed descriptions of the books. Check them out before the bewitching hour passes !

No comments:

Post a Comment