Monday, September 20, 2010

Nook Adventures Part 1 : It Really Works !

So writing this blog has given me a new found hope for using my nook, and I've been playing with it for couple of days now with no luck. When I was just about to abandoned all hope yet again, the boyfriend surprised me.

(He's very upset by the fact that I've had it for almost three months now and I haven't read a book on it.)

Being the nice guy he is, he took it upon himself to set up my account. For those that aren't familiar with the nook, in order to buy books and ( correct me if I am wrong) to borrow books, you must have an account. The account requires a credit card number. Each time you purchase a book, the purchase immediately goes onto your card. While it sounds simple enough, I am not brave enough to own a credit card.

Regardless, after months of it sitting in my desk I finally picked it up and purchased my first book. I decided to try Charlie Wilson's War, and once I get deeper in, I'll post a review. In the meantime, the nook feels almost foreign. It is so different, yet so easy to hold and read compared to a book.

While I love the fact that the commands are done through a touch screen, I dislike the fact that there is not a back light. While a light can be purchased off of the Barnes & Noble web site, it is just like a normal book light, and seems a bit awkward.

But aside from the lack of light, it truly seems like it is and will be a great investment. And I'm pretty sure you can e-borrow text books. My goal is to eventually blog about this after I do some more research. I'm not sure if your college or university has to have an account or anything like that. If anyone knows more feel free to send a comment. I'm sure we would all appreciate it !

Due to the fact that I am still learning how navigate my way around ( I will say though that it is very easy to use ) I figured I'd post this video from YouTube. The creator offers an in depth look at the nook and it's features. Enjoy !


No comments:

Post a Comment