Thursday, September 16, 2010

Can't remember ? Get Goodreads.

I am always finding a new book that I want to read, and it always seems to happen at the most inopportune times. To make matters worse, I'm one of those people who needs to write things down, otherwise I forget.

So I write them down on a piece of paper and start a "reading list." But this list always seems to disappear. With the stress of the semester, I forget where I put the original list, make a new one, and eventually misplace that one too. Well after hundreds of "misplaced lists, I've finally found a solution. Goodreads. Goodreads is a web site that allows users to create reading lists online. The site is easy to navigate and offers numerous reading related activities. Users can create a profile, meet and find friends, post their favorite literary quotes and find events such as author readings in their area. The site also allows users to review and recommend books.

Although I am still getting familiar with the site, I am really impressed with it. It provides even the occasional reader with a plethora of information and books. And best of all, other than the fact that I CAN'T misplace it, is that it is FREE to join ! Check it out !


http://www.goodreads.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment