Saturday, November 6, 2010

Memoirs, To Read or Not Read ?

I want to pose a question here. How many of you are interested in "famous" memoirs? I've tried to read a couple in the past, and just had to put them down. I felt like I was choking the contents down. The only one that I can say I've enjoyed was, "I Am the Central Park Jogger: A Story of Hope and Possibility," by Trisha Meili. Maybe it was the fact that she, herself, was not famous. The incident in which she was involved is what spotlighted her.

 Regardless, it was an amazing book focusing on the power of hope and how, after a horrible incident, you can rebuild your life. I was addicted to the pages, and Meili underlying meaning. If you are ever looking for something to put your life in perspective, read it, http://www.brainline.org/content/2008/08/i-am-central-park-jogger-story-hope-and-possibility.html.

Meili wrote the book to clear up the numerous misconception about her life and the incident. However, others who try to do the same seem to fail. President Bush's memoir is set to be released next Tuesday. The New York Times has several reviews up, http://papercuts.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/11/05/bushnixon/. I am not sure if I'll pick up or another memoir.

No comments:

Post a Comment