Saturday, November 20, 2010

It's Cheap...

In keeping with a theme, I wanted to offer some other ideas for acquiring books on a budget. Like everyone else, at this time of the year all of my money is wrapped up in Christmas gifts. And like everyone else, or it is possible its just me, my reading list keeps getting longer.

While I love my nook, buying or renting an e-book can get pricey. And while most paperbacks are pretty cheap, I don't have the room to store the books I buy. So I've come up with a nifty little strategy. Whenever I stumble upon books at a garage sale or thrift store, I buy them ( I make sure I'm interested in them first).

Then when I'm through reading them, I either sell them at another garage sale or donate them. Buying books this way is ridiculously cheap; I've never paid more than $5 for a book. And when I'm done, I essentially get my money back. Plus making a donation to Goodwill or the Salvation Army never hurts.

Most of the time, the books are like new, and it's a great way to save money.  Also, some books stores have an exchange program, I believe Half Price Books is one of the stores, where you can exchange old books for other ones or store credit, http://www.halfpricebooks.com/. So if you have any old books lying around, give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment