Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Gobble, Gobble !

Happy Turkey Day !! Hope everyone is and will have safe travels. Thankfully, my family and I don't have far to go for all of us to gather around the table ( we all live within 15 minutes of each other).

I am really excited for this Thanksgiving in particular. Normally my grandmother does all of the cooking and all of my aunts and my mom pitch in. But this year, I'm going to make a green bean casserole ( I can't cook, so this is big).

For those of you who are doing the same or tackling the big feast on their own, I've looked around for the top ten Thanksgiving cookbooks. Tara's Kitchen Online Blog, http://taraskitchenonline.wordpress.com/2008/11/01/top-10-thanksgiving-cookbooks/, had the most diverse list of cookbooks, providing new and old recipes and secrets to make the perfect turkey. Check them out, and have a great holiday !

1. Thanksgiving: Festive Recipes for the Holiday Table
2. Thanksgiving 101: Celebrate America’s Favorite Holiday
3. The Thanksgiving Table: Recipes and Ideas to Create Your Own Holiday Tradition
4. How to Cook a Turkey: *And All the Other Trimmings
5. Betty Crocker Complete Thanksgiving Cookbook
6. How To Cook a Cheap and Easy Thanksgiving Dinner
7. Giving Thanks: Thanksgiving Recipes and History, from Pilgrims to Pumpkin Pie
8. Vegetarian Times Complete Thanksgiving Cookbook
9. How to Cook the Traditional Thanksgiving Dinner
10. Thanksgiving Recipes – A Wonderful Collection of Traditional Thanksgiving Recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment