Saturday, December 4, 2010

Twas the Night Before Christmas and all Through the House.....

Well, the holidays are right around the corner ( 21 days to be exact), and I am finally getting into the Christmas spirit. My shopping is almost done, I've helped decorate my parent's house, and I'm spending time with friends and family.

On one such occasion, as my roommates gathered around the table, they rambled off what they've bought so far and for whom. My one roommate has a 2-year-old nephew. Searching for something special to get him, she realized he didn't own a Christmas book. She later bought him "The Night Before Christmas," and is looking forward to reading it him on Christmas Eve.

Looking back, I remember having similar traditions with my parents, but I couldn't remember which stories my mom used to read. So I searched for the top Christmas books to see if I could remember. Amazon.com had the best list, http://www.amazon.com/Best-Christmas-Books-All-Time/lm/R1PZTIQNXUGMXS.

Here's their top 10, ( I've read all but 7, 8, and 3).Check them out, and see if you remember any of these. Did your parents read you Christmas stories ?

1.  A Christmas Carol  by Charles Dickens

2.  The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg

3.  The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus by L. Frank Baum

4.  Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer by Rick Bunsen

5.  The Night Before Christmas by Clement Clarke Moore

6.  How the Grinch Stole Christmas! by Theodor Geisel - Dr. Seuss

7.  Nutcracker by Ralph Manheim

8.  The Little Match Girl by Jerry Pinkney

9.  A Wish to Be a Christmas Tree by Colleen Monroe

10.  Frosty the Snowman by Steve Nelson         

No comments:

Post a Comment