Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Reunited and it Feels so Good....

As I was searching the Barnes & Noble web site this afternoon, I was surprised to find they were offering a book I'd read years ago. Upon entering my freshman year of college, Point Park ( or was it the School of Communications?) asked all the incoming freshman to read a book.

I was infuriated that I was "assigned" homework before classes even started, and more upset once I saw the name of the book. However, the book, "The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time," by Mark Haddon, turned out to be a wonderful adventure.

The book focuses on Christopher Boone, a 15-year-old with Asperger's Syndrome, which is a form of Autism. Boone knows a great deal about math, but little about interacting with people on a day-to-day basis. When Boone finds his neighbor's dog murdered, he set out to find the killer. Instead he goes on a terrifying journey, one that turns everything he thought he knew upside down.

Haddon does an amazing job with this book. It was released in 2003 and was immediately a best-seller. I couldn't up it down and have read it several times since. Barnes & Noble is currently offering a discount, and when you spend $25 you get free shipping, http://search.barnesandnoble.com/books/product.aspx?cds2Pid=24698&ean=9781400032716&inframe=y.

I suggest anyone who loves a good mystery/thriller to give it a try. I promise you won't regret it !



 

No comments:

Post a Comment