Monday, November 8, 2010

Fellow Students Weigh in, Which Trilogies and Series are your Favorite?

I was updating my Goodreads account, when I noticed I've been stuck on trilogies or series lately. I've finally progressed on the Stieg Larsson's Millennium Series, which Barnes & Nobles is now taking orders for the holidays, http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/Books-Thrillers-Stieg-Larsson-Millennium-Trilogy/379002100/?cds2Pid=16743&linkid=1621110.

 But after reviewing my little list, I was wondering what the more popular trilogies or series are? 

I checked my sites to see if any lists were available, and was surprised to learn that there was not. So I asked around and complied a list for myself. I am not going to rate these, because everyone has their own opinions and I have not personally read many of these.


"Harry Potter," by J.K. Rowling
"Lords of the Rings," by J.R.R. Tolkien
" Millennium Series," by Stieg Larsson
"Twilight," by Stephenie Meyer
"Game of Thrones," by George R.R. Martin
"Gemma Doyle Trilog," by Libba Bray
"Dune," by Frank Herbert
"Sandman,"by Neil Gaiman
"The Golden Compass," by Philip Pullman
"The Chronicles of Narnia," by C.S. Lewis

The ones that I have read, like "Harry Potter" and "Lords of the Rings," I've enjoyed. The others, like "The Golden Compass," I've considered children's books. However, after listening to some of my fellow students explain, they seem like they are worth giving a try.

For  full reviews on any of these books visit, http://www.goodreads.com/.

No comments:

Post a Comment